You may think your services are perfect for a client. But do you communicate that “perfect fit” to the client?
Decision-makers consistently name six practices that help financial advisers close the deal:
1. “Listen and respond to my needs. Don’t sell me your product. Solve my problem.”
2. “Present solutions honestly and simply. Don’t try dazzling me and don’t badmouth my current provider.”
3. “Follow up faithfully. Stay in contact via e-mail or phone calls. But more than once a week is probably pushing it, unless you’re answering questions I have). P.S. Return my messages promptly.”
4. “Respect our buying process. And get to know my company.”
5. “Demonstrate value. I know not all financial service providers are the same. But I don’t accept, based solely on your word, that you’re better than the competition! Prove it. Show me.”
Chime in with your take in the comments section.
(Adapted from the newsletter The Selling Advantage.)