Do you or your company Tweet? Before using Twitter as a marketing tool, consider who your target audience is.
Only 8% of Americans who use the Internet use Twitter. And most of them are young adults, minorities and live in urban areas, according to a recent Pew Institute study.
Among Pew’s findings:
- only 16% of Internet subscribers who make more than $50K a year use Twitter regularly
- the 18-29-year-old demographic makes up 15% of all users
- college graduates account for less than 10% of Twitter users
- Latinos and African-Americans use Twitter twice as much as whites, and
- urbanites use Twitter twice as much as rural Americans.
Does your company use Twitter? Let us know about it below.